Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Is there such a thing as a perfect life?



The other day I had, ‘one of those days’. You know the kind; you think you’re headed to do something only to find out that nothing is going as planned. It made me wonder if any one of us comes into this world and never has – one of those days.
I've had months and even years made up of those days. Imagine with me for a minute about a ‘what if’.
What if you’re deposited into the ideal family? Mother, father, siblings all perfectly suited to one another, just waiting on your arrival. Parenting skills are in place. Wisdom to channel all your talents and skills in the right direction with every needed tool, instrument, or instructional mentor available.
You grow from one age to the next completely on track. Your internal directional finder is working properly. All exterior helps are in tune to whom and what you were sent into this world to be.
You bloom into that dancer, artist, teacher, doctor, engineer, poet, sportsman/woman or whatever the DNA within you was programmed to become.
You've been encouraged in all the right directions; given every opportunity to excel. You, being successful in your endeavors was never even questioned. From conception to completion, those around you saw and guided your steps.
You find the perfect job once you've perfected your skills, you meet the person of your dreams, and you become everything as a mate, parent, and person you were supposed to be.
Poof! That was the bubble breaking.What’s more like the truth is that even when we might have been placed into the best family environment, things are never perfect. Somewhere along the line, some one or some thing is going to upset that perfect apple-cart.
          Example tells us that there isn't a perfect life. As our horizons expand as we grow, we see the lives of other people around us with far more opportunities or privilege than we have and guess what – they are not happy. You’d think with all the wealth, power, and opportunities that some people have in the world that they’d be shouting from the rooftops how happy they are.
          Instead, they use what they have been given for selfish gain. Self-indulgence and act like all-round jerks. The rest of us observers question their conduct wondering how it is that they got the ‘goods’ and not the brains to use them.
          There are a few who seem to get further along in their life making right choices, becoming humanitarians, or benevolent givers all the while avoiding pitfalls in their progress. I appreciate those  people who were given more and use it wisely.
          The ones who squander and abuse something I would have given my right arm to have had, I have little or no patience with.
          How the dividing of the pie happens is a mystery. I don’t think any one knows how it really works. There will always be no rhyme or reason behind why one person’s life is full of ‘those days’ and another’s seems void of upsets.
          There’s a commercial, (well actually there are a LOT of commercials on TV) that drive me nuts.
          I don’t mind them on days that I’m mellow, not having one of my days. However, when I’ve been through one where nothing went right, this kind of commercial makes me want to scream at my TV.
          It’s a car commercial. But the content of it has really nothing to do with selling cars. (Normal for most commercials these days) The little girl bounds out of her room shouting, “I’m ready!” she spins around dressed as a fairy with wings, crown and wand. The father looks at her and then has to show her a simple dress that she needs to change into because the day doesn't call for a fairy outfit.
          On the way to school, the girl sighs in the backseat as though her life has ended; her world has come crumbling down around her.
(Blaaah!)
         
The father pulls up to the stop sign and the ad finally makes since, it’s about saving gas. What in the heck does this have to do with the girl and her fairy wings?
          Here is where it gets totally unrealistic. God forbid that she suck it up and go on to school. Oh, no, the father takes this unrealistic action and the next thing you see is this girl skipping into school, back in her fairy costume. As she skips in her perfect little world, she passes a sign that reads. “School pictures today. ”
          Give me a break! Not only does it make little to no sense about a gas saving car there is NO way that this one kid’s school yearbook picture is going to be in a fairy costume.
          I’m just too tuned into reality. That’s why I love to write. I can’t handle irrational conduct that the world produces and often time sends my way. So, in my worlds (my books) I’m in control of what is right and what is wrong and never the two shall meet. My story, this little ridiculous scenario shows the father stooping down in front of her, lovingly promises that he will take pictures of her in her fairy wings, but today she has to wear a nice dress like all the rest of the children.
          That’s a logical picture. The girl skipping in her wings makes me wonder where Alice and the Cheshire cat are. I’ll have what they're drinking!
          I guess the moral to this blog – story is this; maybe the next time I head into MY day, I’ll wear my ruby slippers, wings, crown, and carry my wand. 
          That should shakeup someone's world!





No comments: