Friday, June 29, 2012

God really knows best

God really knows best

I don’t know why for some, it takes so long for them to come to the realization that there is a God and that He is really a loving and caring Being. But I suppose the first realization to reach is to believe in God. That is the first step before you can totally surrender to the fact that He really knows what is best for your life and all His intentions are for your good.

I do believe in God being the bottom-line for my life and it took me a long time to finally shut up, settle down, and walk humbly beside him. Once I did that and decided in my own mind that I was going to trust His love for me things got easier. Have there been obstacles, of course. Could there have been a parting of the ways over the years because what I wanted and what He allowed were two different things – absolutely. Were there times I did everything He asked of me and like a game of Father May I, I asked first then I took all the steps and was told “No” when I was right at the finish line and sent back to start all over again? You bet.

But I guess what I am saying this morning is that never and I mean never was what God’s final decision ended up being for my life ever, wrong. Some things took time for me to see clearly all the repercussions of what might have been had I gotten my way. Places I would have found myself with people who would have nearly destroyed my life knowing what I know now.

I think the times that mankind feels that God is somehow uniformed or unaware or simply doesn’t care what is happening to the world or Heaven forbid might actually be behind these catastrophic events, as being the truth are the worst off.

Everyday I wake up and realize that my life is not my own and there is someone I can trust that will never leave or forsake me is worth any amount of money, fame or relationships. It is all going to pass away. The time spent here no matter the circumstances is far less than eternity. But here again you have to be a believer. If you don’t believe then this is all just philosophical babblings of a 63 years old woman who thought she had something to blog about this morning.

My testimony isn’t about earth moving events, though at the time they were to me. It is the simple things that God lovingly gives me everyday that I am so appreciative of. How he heads me off from things because He knows what is coming. How he has already gone before me and made provision for me in light of what could be an “outage” in my life.

For instant, yesterday was a record breaking heat wave for the month of June and yes, the air conditioning in the apartment where I live, died. It has done this now five times since they turned it on the “cooling” part of the system. I happen to live in a building where there is not the option of having your own unit to turn either to heat or cool at one’s own discretion. It is done down in the boiler room. So as you would guess there is someone else making the decision as to when or if we need heat or cool each year.

Back in March or April when it went from 50 some degrees straight to 80 the third floor apartments went to 90 and above. This is where I live. The first day that this happened and the air condition was not scheduled to be turned on for another month if then, I knew I had to do something.

God knew it was already coming. Two days prior to the change in the weather because I have learned to hear His voice, I knew to order a portable air conditioner and do it ASAP!

I didn’t even know they made such a thing where you installed a vent in the window, no mess no dripping pan no water streaking down the side of the building, just wonderful cold air for me to thrive in.

Within three days of the first onset of would have been madness for me trying to survive in this apartment with the temp over 100 degrees was taken care of because I listened and moved on what I knew was the right thing to do.

So when for the fifth time so far this summer and a lot more days to go with the possibility of the air being out, I have exactly what I need. I have to, no . . .  I WANT to give the Lord Glory for loving me and most of all helping me accept His wisdom and guidance in my life even in the times that it goes against all that I think my pitiful little mind thinks is wrong. Some of the biggest problems are the things that I simply do not understand how the world thinks and I feel so helpless.

This world is in a mess. Fires, floods, hurricanes, tornados, poverty, and lawlessness about to breakout to such a level that it boggles the mind to the extent that watching the news at night is frightening, and yet, we think we know what is best.  I’ve been wondering if through Facebook, or any source, a wave of silence and prayer for the world to step back, shut up and whether we all believe the same or not jointly ask God for the benefit of all mankind to forgive and help us could be possible?

I don’t know, I am sure there would be controversy on every side over even proposing such a thing. I just know I cannot help but thank Him for being here in my little world and loving me enough to see ahead of me and finally got me to trust His love to the point of listening and doing what I hear.

And as a parent isn’t that what we want and ask and would love for our children to do at times? To simply say, yes, Mom, okay Dad, even though I think I know what is best for my life, I am going to listen to what you have to say and I will take your advice. As wonderful a thought that is for us as parents what in the world would it be for God to hear mankind say it to Him?

Maybe things won’t have to get much worse before that becomes a reality.






No comments: